2014 will be an amazing year for CCCEAC Members and if you are not currently a CCCEAC Member, 2014 would be a great time to get on board!
Please complete the CCCEAC Membership Application!
Membership Benefits include:
- Access to our Management Hotline for answers to your labor and employment law questions
- Discount on EAC seminars and training
- 20% discount on compliance poster products
- Scholarship awards program
- Networking and marketing opportunities for your business products or services
- Membership in California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC)www.ceac.org
For further information please contact the Membership Chair by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bullying in the Workplace
The Contra Costa County Employer Advisory Council
in partnership with
The California Employment Development Department
Bullying in the Workplace
Andrea Kelly Smethurst, Esq.
Andrea Kelly Smethurst Law, P.C.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
1970 Diamond Blvd.
Concord, CA 94520
Members $35 Nonmembers $50
For membership information contact Lew.Gossage@edd.ca.gov
Bullying in the workplace is a common problem. This interactive session is designed for human resource and management professionals to increase their understanding of bullying and to help them implement policies and practices that will prevent and respond to bullying in the workplace. We will:
- Define workplace bullying.
- Examine examples of bullying behavior.
- Explore the difference between bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
- Analyze the impacts of bullying on employees and the cost to the organization.
- Review employer responsibilities in responding to bullying complaints including how to investigate.
- Review a sample bullying policy and discuss other proactive steps employers can take to prevent bullying..
Andrea Kelly Smethurst is an attorney licensed to practice in California. Ms. Kelly Smethurst is an honors graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, and received her law degree from the University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law. Before forming Andrea Kelly Smethurst Law, P.C., Ms. Kelly Smethurst was an employment attorney with Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton and with Dillingham & Murphy. At these firms, she counseled employers on employment practices and policies. In addition, she represented employers in federal and state court and in administrative matters before the DFEH, the EEOC and the Labor Commissioner. Ms. Kelly Smethurst is fluent in Spanish and conducts training seminars and workplace investigations in English and Spanish.
Ms. Kelly Smethurst is the past president and a current board member of the Employment Section of the Contra Costa County Bar Association. She is also a member of the State Bar of California’s Labor and Employment Law Section, of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Northern California Human Resources Association (NCHRA), and the Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI).